- To work with the "User Editor," create and connect a user directory (database for user management) with the GridVis software (cf. "Create New User Editor").
- The GridVis administrator has to set up the access rights for other users with the corresponding roles and rights. To do this, the GridVis administrator uses the "User Editor."
- In the "User Editor" window, the GridVis administrator (or another user with an equivalent authorization) can complete, configure or delete other users who want to access a project that is protected with user management.
- In the "User Editor" window, the accesses corresponding to the role (rights) for the user appear; e.g. a user with the role "READ_ONLY" will only see his own access.
Fig.: "Open User Editor" button in "User Management" submenu
The "User Editor" window can be opened in 2 ways:
- In the"User Management Overview" window in step 2 "Set Up User," click on the "Open User Editor" button or
- click on the "Open User Editor" button in the submenu "User Management" of the menu bar entry "Window" (see figure in the upper right).
Fig.: "User Editor" window in the GridVis software user interface
If in the "User Editor" window, the message "Please log in first to use the User Editor" appears,log in as follows:
- In the"User Management Overview" window under the user actions, click on the "Log In" button or
- click on the "Log In" button in the submenu "User Management" of the menu bar entry "Window" (see figure on the right).
- The dialog box "Log In to the User Directory"will appear.
Fig.: "Log In" button in the "User Management" submenu
- If no users have been created or if only the GridVis administrator "admin" is available, then enter into the input field the user name "admin" (preset) and the password issued for administrative work inside of GridVis as the password (cf. "Create New User Directory").
- An error message will appear if the use name and/or the password don’t match or if the user does not have the rights. Check what you have entered or contact the GridVis administrator.
- After you have successfully logged in, the "User Editor" window will appear, showing a table of all users (depending on your authorization).
Fig.: "Log In to the User Directory" window
|5||"User name"||Column "User Name"|
This field shows the status of a user:
|9||"Exception"||Column "Exception"||This field shows errors.|
Software: GridVis 7