Backups of projects from an older GridVis version can only be prepared in the corresponding GridVis version (as long as no migration has taken place yet). Perform a backup of the project databases before the upgrade of GridVis. Instructions for this can found under Preparing a project backup.
- Please check if the newest version of the GridVis software can be used with your license.
- If you have already received a new activation file by e-mail, you can continue with step 2.
- Log in with your login data (e-mail address and password) (cf. Fig. Login interface of the license server).
- Select the “License overview” menu item on the right side (cf. Fig. Welcome window of the license server).
Check in the license overview whether your license being used is activated for the desired version.
The LED button shows the status of the display (cf. License overview):
- Red: License not valid for the specified version.
The license must be extended for an upgrade. An extension can be purchased via Janitza electronics GmbH.
- Green: License valid for the specified version.
Now start the resending of the activation files by e-mail via the button “Resend activation files”
2. Load the newest version of the GridVis software from our homepage.
3. Perform a backup of the database and the project directorybefore the installation of the GridVis software. Instructions for this can found under Preparing a project backup.
4. Install the GridVis software. Follow the instructions during the installation for this.
5. Start GridVis.
6. Open the license manager window via the “Extras / license management” menu item (cf. Fig. GridVis license manager) and import the activation file sent by e-mail via the “Import activation file” button
7. Perform a migration of your projects, if necessary